Monday, November 29, 2010

Going to Wasilla on Thanksgiving is great!

Thanks for the guest post by Ron Faulkner

Thanksgiving Dinner in my family is a day when we set aside any differences or plans and only spend the day with each other. I love this day and look forward to it each and every year! This is also the only day we can watch awesome parades on my DirecTV HD DVR after dinner. If I am not at home I still know I am going to have a wonderful time. I realize that there aren't many days when everybody is off work at the same time other than holidays, so I set aside my online school and work to make sure to spend it with my loved ones.

I bring my fiancé with me wherever I go, and family dinners are definitely not an exception. My family thinks of my fiancé as family, so it works out great. We go to my mother's first as she lives in Anchorage. We usually only eat, talk, and watch a show or two then head out as she goes to sleep early. However, when I go to my father's house in Wasilla, about 50 miles away, we do much more. My father and stepmother love games and other fun things, so we eat dinner and play games the entire time. We always stay the night out in Wasilla and then come back the next day. I love it!

"I have been paid for this guest post."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home