Thursday, August 16, 2007

Get involved with Planet Aid!

As I get older, I get more and more interested in how I can help those who are in need. I ran across a great site today! The site is for Planet Aid, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people in developing countries.

When I hear "improving the lives of people" I tend to think of giving food, and not much else. Well Planet Aid is dedicated to a lot more than just giving food. They strive for development, protecting the environment, and relief aid. Some of their activities in the US are clothes collection, recycling, partnership in development and sharing information about development issues.

Through mobilizing surplus resources in North America, Planet Aid has been able to collect over 7,000 clothes collection boxes to use in development activities in Africa, and Asia.

If you are interested in helping those in need, I would highly suggest checking out Planet Aid today!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home