Thursday, August 23, 2007

Get involved with The Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk!

I remember when my grandma would talk about teaching and how much she loved it! I remember her taking us to sporting events and would even watch football with us, whenever we visited. I really miss those times and wish that Alzheimer's wouldn't have taken it's course. Now, my grandma has no memory of anything and has to be force-fed. It is hard for me to visit her and to think of how lively she used to be.

While this is not the only reason I support The Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk, it definitely contributes to why I feel so strongly towards it. The Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research. It takes place annually in hundreds of communities all around the country. It is a great idea to sign up early. If my grandma were able to speak, she would definitely encourage me to be apart of this event. "Since 1989, Memory Walk has raised more than $225 million."

I live and work on campus here in Arlington, Texas, and am looking forward to this event being held right here on campus September 22nd. As with any event like this, Team captains are needed. It is not difficult to be a Team Captain, and remember that it is important to sign up early to ensure you have enough time to recruit a team and raise funds for the cause! If you can not commit to being a Team Captain, you should still think about participating and joining a team.

I think that they put it best, when they say, "By teaming up with the Alzheimer's Association, you can walk with a purpose – and move us closer to a world without Alzheimer's. Together, we can MOVE a nation." The Alzheimer's Association can really assist us all in making a difference! Check out the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk and sign up today!








Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home