Friday, May 20, 2011

Fashion's my calling Thanks to Darwin Barton

I’m not really thrilled with my job as an administrative assistant, so I’ve been looking for alternate positions for a while now. I’m really excited about the possibility of a career in fashion, where my true passion lies, though job searching really does take it out of me! I like to look at night when I’m at home so my boss doesn’t find out, and I usually use the wireless internet connection I got from http://www.ClearWireInternet.com. I can take it with me, so sometimes I use my lunch break to job search from a park.

Lately I’ve been sending out lots of emails to designers I’m interested in asking about apprentice positions…I figure they’re the best way to get a foot in the door and also learn about my industry at the same time. I would love something entry level, but a paying position in fashion doesn’t come around too often. It’s too popular! For now, at least, I have a steady income, so there’s no rush, but I dream of the day when I’ll be backstage pulling outfits and dressing models for a big runway show!

*I got paid for this post. The opinions in this post represent those of the guest poster*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home