Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Republicans Bash Fred Thompson?!?

I was listening to some of the things that the other Republican nominees were saying about Thompson's late entry into the presidential race. While some of their comments were witty, and maybe even a little deserving, I think they may actually end up hurting those candidates... as, I don't think most Americans really care for the sarcasm when they are listening to debates.

Arizona Senator John McCain said "I think that's a decision that Fred should make and maybe we're up past his bed time." I had to laugh when I heard it, but I don't really see the need to say something like that about a candidate. Gov. Mike Huckabee was a little more tactful, saying "I was scheduled to be on Jay Leno tonight, but I gave up my spot to somebody else because I'd rather be in New Hampshire with these fine people."

While Mitt Romney is currently my favorite candidate, I was a little surprised that he jumped in to make fun of Thompson, when he wasn't even there to stick up for himself. Romney said, "[The] only question I have: Why the hurry, why not take some more time off?" said Romney. "Maybe January or Febuary might be a better time to make a decision about getting into this race."

What do you think? Help or hurt these candidates?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home