Monday, June 18, 2007

Do you have pet insurance?... Maybe you should!

I know, I know... like me, you probably haven't even thought about getting pet insurance... I know I hadn't, until I ran across this pet health insurance site. I had never thought about it, but with some of the recent events in the Pet Food Industry have raised many questions about our pets health, and have shown why pet insurance is important.

I don't know if you have noticed, but every time I bring my pet into the Veterinary Clinic, it seems that the cost keeps rising! While animal medicine has gotten a lot better, it has also come with many cost increases, which make it hard for pet owners to pay for. "It is estimated that North America pet owners now spend over $10 billion each year on healthcare for their pets." This number blows me away, and definitely got me thinking about the importance of pet insurance!

Because my pets have been so healthy, I am always the first one to say, "well it won't happen to my pets," but the fact is that 1 in every 3 pets will need emergency treatment every year, and I just can't afford for that to be my pets. I, like most of you, am strapped for cash, and having a sudden bill would make it very hard on me. I saw that 1 in 3 fact and thought, I wonder how many people take advantage of pet health insurance. I found that in "2006 alone, PetCare Pet Insurance paid out over $16,800,000 in North America for covered accidents and illnesses to pet owners." Seeing some of these facts, helped me better understand the need for pet insurance.

Just remember that "Pet insurance allows you to proceed with the best course of action recommended by your veterinarian, not what you can afford." This is a great stress reliever, to know that you can always get the best treatment for your pet, which if you are like me, is a very important part of your life and family!

Check out pet health insurance today!



*This is a paid post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home